My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Madi: I'm so embarassed I can't look at you

Mom and Dad ganged up on me. In between giggly profusely, they (well mainly Mom) asked if they could have the blog today. Well duh they control the purse strings and put food on my plate so what could I say?
Here is the deal, Mom is off work until Jaunary 4, 2010.
Trust me when I say, she already has too much time on her hands, as you'll see below.
The perfectly fine routine Dad and I have will be nonexistent the next two weeks.
To the copyright lawyers out there, I, Madi, had nothing to do with this.
They (Dad said he doesn't want any credit)
pirated a perfectly good Christmas poem and just made it
SILLY....are you ready? Probably not....

Up on the roof top click, click, click
Look what I found it wasn't
St. Nick
nor was it Rudolph, Dasher or Blitzen
HO HO HO
it was a little bit of Snow

Yep it snowed, sleeted and rained in
Dixie last night. This is
what was left on our back roof
This is the amount on the front roof...if you notice
above the roof line the very, very, very tall
NC Pine trees (~50') that is why we don't like
sleet and freezing rain here in NC. The ice collects on the pine needles
which makes them very heavy then the tops of the trees start to lean.
We've had at least 20 of them cut down over the years for this very reason.
MADI
YOUR DAD AND I THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR
LETTING US EXPRESS OURSELVES.
HAPPY WEEKEND BEFORE CHRISTMAS TO ALL OUR FRIENDS.

16 comments:

  1. LOL..........
    a skift of snow.........
    Hope you laid in a lot of groceries...........
    Very clever. Toot away my friend......toot away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madi
    Lovely post my sweetie :-)
    A little bit snow ha ha
    we have many snow here in Dutch
    and its to cold -10grC
    I wish I could play with you today..
    for a warming up ..... LOL

    Hugs
    Kareltje =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! Madi, you should be proud of Mom's poem!
    I remember a huge snow storm when we lived in Jax, NC....I laid in bed listening to the pine trees snapping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wind blows. The pine trees sway. I fret. Nice poem. Generous Madi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hai, Madi

    That wuz furry nice of you to let yur beans borrow da bloggie. Our mommy borrows our bloggie too sumtimes.
    We don't git snow, either, so we know what you means about all da excitements.

    Your furriends, Tigger, Patches, Jigsaw and Munchkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I've been around too many ice-covered pine trees in my life! Usually, it's just the electricity that gets in the way of the falling tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool poem. I feel for you and your dad until mom goes back to work!!
    Mine doesnt work enough and always has way tooo much time on her hands too!
    But..so far..I havent seen her sewing any goofy Christmas outfits for me so....maybe she forgot!! Paws crossed!!

    Luv
    jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry that I sent that snow to you. I thought you may like a taste of Minnesota....

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a poet -- and don't know it -- ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure remember falling pine tree branches too! Madi........your humans are a bit nutty......but believe me thats a GOOD thing for us animals! Love, Billy.......Mom had 3 black russians at a yankee swap tonight, and it's ME on the PC! HEHE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Madi!
    We had a good laugh reading the poem!
    Snow, ice, cold weather... I don't like any of that!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see it, you have snow. The poem is so cute. I remember when I lived in Georgia during an ice storm you could hear the pine branches breaking and falling all night long, it would be really noisy.

    That was very nice of you Madi.

    Hugs & Purrs,
    Judy and Miss Cindi Lou

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoohoo!! Snow in Dixie!
    At least it was enough to get a picture of, even after it stopped!!
    We've never gotten that much snow in San Jose!
    Only a "skiftlette"! LOL
    Thanks Madi for sharing the blog with Mom,
    I love snow, all kinds!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute - I enjoyed the pictures today - nothing like those Carolina pines! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness..What an awesome adaptation!!! Great pictures!!!

    Smileys!
    Dory and mostly the Mama

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a kewl version!!! But we can totally understand your embarrassment. Our mom embarrasses us ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net