My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, May 27, 2016

Flower Friday with Dory and a Story

I am joining my long time gal pal Dory in Blog hops

Dory than you for hosting such lovely events

Dory darlin' we don't have lots of blooming flowers around our homestead due to
the house facing north..But I have a few for you and some of Dad's creative potting arrangements

 We have lots of pots full of shade tolerant plants
ivy, hosta, Dwarf Alberta spruce
with ajuga around the pot.
 I especially love this pot...when you put a plant in it the pot lady gets hair
 This is on our deck

and last but not least........this is a local plant only grown in and around our house...
Blooming Rose of Hedgemoor




Mom is the one with the thumbs.  When she insist on writing something sweet about me...
of course, I let her.  There are no real photos just a slight reenactment.  
Take it away Mom:
This is pretty much how  I sit on the love seat to watch TV.  The love seat reclines but for some reason my crazy back/sciatica doesn't like it when I use the foot rest.  The angle of the TV from the love seat is kinda sideways and yes we've moved the TV.  I put a a back pillow behind me and sit almost exactly like this.  It gives me straight view of the TV.  So here comes the gooey sweet part.  Every night for about the last year at about 9:30 ish Madi comes into the family room to see what is up.  Most times I don't see/hear her because a) I am dozing, b) she creeps in like fog on little cat paws,(from Mr. Carl Sandburg's poem: Fog) When she gets right at my  left side, she stands on her hind feet,  reaches up with her, sweet as sugar and soft as a baby's bottom front paws. She touches me gently on my shoulder while quietly doing a chirp/meowing/purr.


Madi's Dad has never seen her do it because at night he is upstairs on the 'puter, It only last about 15 seconds so no photos.
It melts my heart!!

Madi here: the old gray mare is not now, nor has she ever been  a red head.   But she would like to be. MOL



30 comments:

  1. Aww. I missed reading you guys! Good to be back in the swing of things! xxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We simply MUST have a Blooming Rose of Hedgemoor too! You are such a sweetie, Madi☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    gotta bond, eh Madi?... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have the most beautiful flower pots ever... I love the lady with and without hair and the one above is an artpiece!
    how cute that Madi comes in with touching your shoulder ... bet she makes sure that you will not miss the end of a movie or a show :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup kitties can be so loving. They do like to just touch their peeps. That is so nice of you to take such good care of the Mom, Madi. You have some great flowers. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWwwww, that is sweet. Madi, I knew you loved Mom with all your Kitty Heart.

    Happy weekend! Great reenactment Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the red bumpy pot out by the tree. and the cute pot with hair. LOL... we have things that melt our hearts and i can see why this melts yours. i sit the same way to watch TV, am sitting like that with laptop in lap right now in front of the TV.. same reason, this is the only way to watch TV that doesn't kill my sciatia nerve... my sofa is flipped the opposite direction though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kitty planter is darling! Madi, you know how to get to your Mom... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Madi and Mom Rural Rambler was my name for my old Blogger blog. Sometimes it gets all goofed up when I comment from Feedly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are all so pretty... butt that Head on the steps is sort of SCARY...
    We are Surprised that your mom has never had RED Head Furs... since RED is HER favorite Color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have way more flowers thane we do! Love your recreation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all such wonderful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. we love all your pots Madi, especially the lady that grows hair!
    it is very touching to hear of your special routine to let your mom know how much you love her
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Potted plants are beautiful and thriving! I have never seen the plant (making the lady have hair) outside, it has always been an indoor plant out here! It must be plenty warm & humid in NC!!
    Maybe Madi is telling you at 9:30 pm: "it's time to go night night, Mom!" 🐱
    Hugs and nose taps,
    Molly and Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely plants! And Madi, it's so impawtant to have that special time with our hoomins. They need that from us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a very sweet story, Madi! We hope your Mom rewards you well for your sweetness. We DO really love that Rose of Hedgemoor;).

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  17. We just love all the beautiful plant pots your Dad has made, but we really love the story of you showing your sweeter side!! Mama is still aaaaaawwwwwwwww-ing!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Madi is a sweetie. I love the pot with the cat face, very pretty flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loves the shade plants!!!! Ma has been lookin' for some,butts they are hard to find here for some reason! Anyhu, Madi you are indeed a sweetie!!! OMD, I would never be so subtle! BOL!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. We really like that red pot too. It looks nice under the tree
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are very pretty plants sweet Madi and I love your headed photo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw, Madi, you are a little sweet thing aren't you?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awwwwww, we love that nightly "ritual"! That is so sweet!
    Mom loves the coleus and that crazy pot it's in!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty plants all our your property...but that last one for sure is a heart-stopper gorgeous one! You sure are lucky to have such a rare and beautiful thing . :)

    That little nighttime story is so sweet...cutest thing mom says she's ever read!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Blooming Rose of Hedgemoor looks a rare and exotic variety. My mum likes all the plant pots.

    ReplyDelete
  26. All of your pots are really great, Madi. You sure know how to make your mom happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Crikey Madi ..... I knew you were a softie!! It's nice of you to melt your Mom's heart like that. I love all your pots. Especially that Rose of Hedgemoor. Where can I get one of those for our house??

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awww Madi I just love the little tender massage you give your mom each night. And I love the pot that grows such fab hair each year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What beautiful flowers and such a sweet story about Madi and mom.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net