My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, November 10, 2011

THURSDAY THEME SONG: CECILIA


Mom and I thank Hootin' Anni for sponsoring

If you think I'm hiding from Mom, you would be correct...you'll see
why very soon!!!
Today's featured song was written by Paul Simon in 1970 for the Simon and Garfunkel album Bridge Over Troubled Waters.
In case you didn't know, my Mom's name is CECILIA.
BUT she was NOT named after this song (she was 21 when this song was written).  Mom was named after St. Cecilia, Patron Saint of musicians!! OH and FYI verse 3 of this song will not be written on the blog for obvious reasons. MOL

Now for the song lyrics and why I'm hiding....incriminating pictures of Mom aka Cecilia to follow.

Cecilia, you're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily

Mom at age 6
I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you to please come home
 Mom at age 10

Jubliation, she loves me again
I fall on the floor and I'm laughing
Jubliation, she loves me again
I fall on the floor I'm laughing

 Mom at age 16

Please click on the below video to hear Simon and Garfunkel singing Cecilia live in 2008.
(and if you listen closely you might here verse 3 that was omitted, MOL)
Mom says to tell you YES she has had this song sung to her more times than you
could ever imagine.  When she was still working the UPS man used to come down the hall
singing it! 


THANK YOU FOR YOU VERY KIND COMMENTS ABOUT MOM'S GREAT BLUE HERON PHOTO YESTERDAY.  SHE SAID IS WAS PURE LUCK AND GOOD TIMING

19 comments:

  1. Great song! We pretended not to hear the HBO lyrics. Mommy luffed those old pics! Your Mom as a ballerina is precious, Madi! No need to hide in shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Madi, this is wonderful. I love this song. I just love "Jubilation, she loves me again"!
    Wonderful song, love Simon and Garfunkel and all their songs, and all the songs Paul Simon has written ever since.

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Madi, there was no reason for you to hid, we think your mom's photos are adorable especially the ballerina. And we love this and all Simon & Garfunkel songs. I may have mentioned it before but have you heard Paul Simon's The Coast, it mentions the little harbor church of St. Cecilia.

    Hugs & Purrs,
    J, Cindi Lou and The Krew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mom was so cute as a kid. I am sure that she looks even better now right?? My mom remembers that song too!

    wags
    Jazzi and Addy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooooooooo, now I know what the UPS guys want raises all the time. They sing to their patrons.

    LOVED this Ms. C!! It's so cool. And Madi ---are you hiding because you're embarrassed that 'mom' shows us the cutie-patootie pics? What a hoot you are in your 'hidey-hole'.


    Oh...and 9# of collard greens? Now, y'wanna know something? I've NEVER had them before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dang...should be "now I know WHY" instead of what the UPS guys want raises...

    too early, and that's my final answer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so much fun! I loved seeing all of your Mom's photos as she was growing up. Lovely! Every one of them.

    Madi...I still see you and your just as cute as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mom was/is just adorable Madi!!! Loved that song! Glo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the song, love the old photos, love you and Mom!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the pics! Your mommy is a cutie! And that song is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love this song too. The pictures are too cute too. Madi you and your Mom are terrific, that is for sure. Hope all of you have a terrific day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We must be sisters separated at birth.
    I have a pony-tailed photo of me that looks soooo much like yours. Amazing!

    Madi - Peek a boo. I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Madi,

    What a great song to feature today, one of mom's favorites. Happy Thursday to my BFFF!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that song and Paul Simon as well! Thanks for sharing your mom's pics today ... what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Madi don't hide, we love that song and great pics from the past of Mom!!
    I bet Dad sings that to her all of the time:
    CECILIA, YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smile!!!! The nuns at Mom's private school would not let her listen to this song and would stop the radio when it came on! Mom loved it anyway! Great song.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My cats would be hiding because of puppy...Don't worry Mom you look great.


    ♥♥ Blogger Kate ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a song I remember hearing as a kid. It's one of those songs you sing, but don't really understand. (Like my son and the Reba Mcentire song "Fancy", he sang it all the time growing up, but never understood what the song was really saying.
    Love the pictures, you were a cutie! Must be why your UPS man sings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net